Does my Blog Helps You?

Thursday, March 20, 2008

Apico lordotic view

I received my APE result yesterday and the Radioalogist suggested an Apico lordotic view. I search the meaning and information about this for my understanding.

An apical-lordotic view is a name for a specific type of xray view. Its purpose is to allow the radiologist to see the lung apices, the very tops of the lungs which can be obscured partially by the collarbones on normal frontal views of the lungs. This view is perfomed usually at the request of the radiologist or referring doctor to evaluate the tops of the lungs for tuberculosis, granuloma or other respiratory diseases. The success of this view is somewhat dependant on the ability of the patient to physically cooperate. In recent years this view is seldom done.A patient needing further evaluation for something seen on a conventional chest x ray usually will have a CT scan of the chest which is far more definitive than a routine chest x ray.

I am a health conscious guy and I am nervous what is going on with me if I am sick or something. But whatever it is I have to accept the fact that I am still human and are pron to any diseases.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

What was the result of your test?