Does my Blog Helps You?

Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Janina SanMiguel... the new Miss World 2008


I never got the chance to watch Binibining Pilipinas 2008 pgeant night. However due to many people were affected especially with the issue of Janina San Miguel who was recently won the Miss World 2008 tittle. I am adding my comment on this matter.
Let's reminise the Question and Answer portion:

Paolo Bediones: Janina, how are you?
Janina San Miguel: I’m fine.
Paolo Bediones: Alright, so you won two of the major awards - Best in Long Gown, Best in Swimsuit, do you feel any pressure right now?
Janina San Miguel: No, I don’t feel any pressure right now.
Paolo Bediones: Confident! Alright! Please choose a name of the judge.
Paolo Bediones: We have Miss Vivienne Tan.
Vivienne Tan: Good Evening.
Janina San Miguel: Good Evening.
Vivienne Tan: The question is, what role did your family play to you as candidate to Binibining Pilinas?
Janina San Miguel: Well, my family’s role for me is so important b’coz there was the wa- they’re, they was the one who’s… very… Hahahaha… Oh I’m so sorry, Ahhmm… My pamily… My family… Oh my god… I’m… Ok, I’m so sorry… I… I told you that I’m so confident… Eto, Ahhmm, Wait… Hahahaha, Ahmmm, Sorry guys because this was really my first pageant ever b’coz I’m only 17 years old and ahahaha I, I did not expect that I came from, I came from one of the tough 10. Hmmm, so… but I said dot my family is the most important persons in my life. Thank you.
So what is wrong with this answer? She is 17 yr. old, a pretty and charming young lady. Shows confident but the problem was at the time during the Q&A portion. Wrong grammar, exactly. I think if the contestant is not confident to answer in English then better to do it in tagalog. I believe at that time if she continue to talk in Tagalog since she already spoke some tagalog word then she might express and said what she wants. She might won the Miss Universe title. How I wish? But we have to understand the fact that in this pageant, not only the inteligence is the criteria in choosing the winner.

If she won, then let's accept the judges decision. Never under estimate what a person can do. She still have time to study and learn the proper ways in dealing with Q&A portion.

Instead of insulting and judging the person, accept it and let just support her. I know that not every Filipino who judges that person can talk fluently in English. We are Filipino, though English is our second language we should never make "pintas" when someone make mistakes in using it. Even Americans themselves have issue using their own native language.

1 comment:

me said...

i agree with you tots. i got very upset after reading the youtube comments about her because of that issue. i'm sure that she went through screenings so i don't believe that she's BOBO like what others keep saying. i'm sure God is planning something big for her. i heard that charlene gonzales is going training her. ambait talaga ni charlene!