Does my Blog Helps You?

Wednesday, December 26, 2007

What is your relation with Nonito Donaire?


Since this boxer guy became a superstar many people who knows me, even those people I met, or peole who heard or read my lastname DONAIRE (Pronounced do-nigh-reh), always ask my relation or say congrats about the accomplishment of the boxer Nonito Donaire.

So to make things clear, here's my thoughs about this guy. It become an interest to me to know Nonito for it might possible that my family have relation with him. My great grandfather clan was an origin of Camotes Island somewhere in Cebu but my grandfather moved to Samar Island where he met my great grand mom. My father claimed that Nonito is part of our family clan however I don't believe that for he could not prove to me our relation to this guy. On the other hand it will be a great privilege for me and to our family the accomplishment, honor and legacy this man brings to the world.
So here's some fatcs I've learned about Nonito Donaire:
Name: Nonito Donaire
Alias: The Filipino Flash
Nationality: Philippine
Birthplace: Talibon, Bohol, but some says he came from General Santos City Philippines
Hometown: San Leandro, CA, USA
Born: 1982-11-16
Stance: Orthodox
Height: 5′ 6″
Reach: 173
- Made it to the finals of the US Olympic Trials in 2000 and lost a decision to Brian Viloria.
2000 United States Amateur Light flyweight champion
- Earned his nickname "The Filipino Flash" from Kevin "The Flushing Flash" Kelley
- Injured his jaw in May 2006, preventing him from fighting on Shobox, which gave his brother Glenn the opportunity to fight Caesar Lopez in the Shobox main event.
- Has sparred with
Manny Pacquiao, Joel Casamayor, Zahir Raheem, and James Toney.
- Entry music is by his cousin and cornerman
Arvin Jugarap.
- Never received his belt from the
WBO when he won the Asia-Pacific title
- His brother,
Glenn Donaire, is a professional boxer and lost to Viloria in the semi-finals of the Olympic trials.
- Named the 2007 "Most Outstanding Boxer of the Year" by the
World Boxing Hall of Fame
- Both Donaire brothers are currently promoted by Gary Shaw.

Facts and information: http://www.boxrec.com/media/index.php?title=Human:48243

No comments: