Does my Blog Helps You?

Wednesday, December 26, 2007

Learning Martial Arts is not an easy thing

March 2007. After passing the CCNA examination another activity follows. I met a friend from a Quezon City park, a public park where I usually go every weekends to jog. Kuya David is one of the members of Ka Ely's Martial Art team called Mongoose Martial arts. Mongoose Martial arts is an original Filipino based Martial Arts as Ka Ely's told me. From the name itself, the positions and moves are somewhat an act of an animal called Mongoose.
Mongoose is a member of the family Herpestidae, a family of small cat-like carnivores. Some pecies, such as the Indian mongoose, are popularly used to fight and kill venomous snakes, even king cobras. They are able to do this because of their agility and cunning, thick coat and high resistance to the venom, but typically avoid the cobra and have no particular affinity for consuming their meat. Some species of mongoose can be easily domesticated, are fairly intelligent, and can be taught simple tricks, so they are often kept as pets to protect home from vermin.
I joined the team and continue to practice the art of Mongoose later of June. I learned a lot of moves and defense from a simple defense for punching and kicking to defensing oneself for an attacker with a knife or a gun. It is a great experience and investment to learn this things for no one knows when you get yourself into trouble. At least with these basic moves I learned I could use it one day to defend my love ones.


Advertisement: Anyone interested to join the group can send me an email or can contact my master: 09182968759
Facts about Mongoose found in this link: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mongoose

No comments: