Does my Blog Helps You?

Friday, December 19, 2008

Simple sore throat may lead to infection

Last week, my throat was aching after eating many sweets last weekends. I enjoyed eating at least 5 leche flan, and other sweets during and after the House blessing / Birthday and at the same time Family reunion in my titas house inn Laguna.

Not only I ate a lot but I also did sung for we rented videoke. At night we had night swimming in their pool for about 2 hours. Hahahahhaha. Not very nice thing to do.

When I get back to work, my throt started to get irritated. I did not take any medicines except chewing strepcils. The next day, I feel like their is a phlegm... opppsss sorry.... now. So I take Solmux (Carbocisteine). But it did not help so I bought erythromycin (Pharex). But it also did not relieve the pain. I started to loose my voice this time when I remember the medicine prescribe by my doctor. It is also Erythromycine but it is brand- Abbot. Erythromycin Stearate Eruthrocin 500mg. After taking 1 capsule and resting a few hours I feel much better. I still take Solmux and after a day my voice came back. I don't know but this Abbot brand is very nice and very effective in this kind of sickness I have.

Sore Throat

Pharyngitis is an inflammation of the throat or pharynx. In most cases it is painful, and thus is often referred to as a sore throat. Inflammation of the tonsils (tonsillitis) and/or larynx (laryngitis) may occur simultaneously, which can make eating difficult or painful.

Most cases are caused by viral infections (40%-60%), with the remainder caused by bacterial infections, fungal infections, or irritants such as pollutants or chemical substances.

Treatment of viral causes are mainly symptomatic while bacterial or fungal causes may be amenable to antibiotics and antifungals respectively.

So my advise, do not take strepsils if you think the first one did not help. Just consult the doctor and take capsule or tablet drug. This strepsils did not help at all in my experience.

No comments: