Does my Blog Helps You?

Friday, December 19, 2008

The Simbang Gabi

Last Tuesday, December 16, 2008 I attended the morning mass although we called it Simbang Gabi here in the Phillipines. I had the chance to attend the mass because my work shift started in the afternoon that day. Many people as usual attended the mass during the first day of Simbang Gabi. Simbang Gabi is a a Filipino tradition, a novena mass that usually held everyday morning started December 16 until December 24. Filipino has a belief that if you completed the Simbang Gabi for 10 days, inclusing the mass in Christmas day, your wish will come true.

Never I had a chance to complete the mass. And now, although I am a Born Again Christian, I still attend the Simbang Gabi in Catholic church because I use to attend to it since I was young.

Not only it is not normal for me to attend a mass in the middle of the morning but it is also a challenge of your faith with God. Because you are doing not only yourself a favor but with all else to get Gods favor.

One thing I love during Simbang Gabi is the chance for me to eat bibingka, puto bingbong and Tupik and other kakanin. These are local Filipino's delicacies.

Next week, I can attend another Simbang Gabi. Yehey, I can eat Tupik again for the bibingka is not good.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

okay lang po ba na mag attend ng simbang gabi even ur born again..hnd ba masama yun??

totskie said...

Thanks for the comment. For me, it is not. I am attending the mass because I am there to pray and because of my faith with God. God looks into your heart, your ways and not because your with the Catholics or with the Christians. All boils down with your faith.