Does my Blog Helps You?

Sunday, August 03, 2008

Second round for Home Building Program

I am so lucky to be once again be part of home building Prgram last July 30 - August 1, 2008 of gawad Kalinga in Batangas. We were total of 43 participants, 2 Filipino volunteers and the rest from Taiwan students and from Los Angeles US students.

Despite it was raining on our three days in Batangas we still continue to build houses. We play with the kids, we interact with the parents and enjoy every minute of our stay in the build.

"Smile" and "Never Give Up". These were the words from the son of our CEO- Victor Chang. These are very easy to do but very hard to do all the time during the build. Compare to the people we were helping, despite of their life conditions they keep on smiling and never give up with their life. So with with these, we should do the same during the build. I am so impress and very proud of beng part of his father's company for I know that I am on a very great company. My dream is to make this company listed on one of fortune 500 companies in the world. I believe it will be for the people handling with this company are very great.

I saw what kind of Manager we had in this company through Victor. He think fast, he were able to manage the people, motivates in times when we were tired in our work, reminding us to smile, very good with people relation, good speaker. Although we know he can have almos everything because of his life stutus, he doesn't care if his hands get dirt during the build. You can see that he love what he is doing. Great man!

Days past by so fast. I really want to stay and join them on the other build site but our schedule is up to Friday only. But I really enjpined my stay. I did everything I can do during the build. as local volunteer, I become the point of communication- translator for the locals and the foreign volunteers. I tried all the work. Mixing cement, gathering stomes, carrying cement, blocks, digging the soil, carrying soil, sand, gravel, paiting, playing with the kids, intracting to the benificiaries and to all the people on the build. I did those things because these are things I wanted to do and the reasons why I joined the program. It bring smile, makes me more as a fulfilled person. I bring happiness and people appreciate what I am doing. I really love the feeling and hoping I can join again.

No comments: