Does my Blog Helps You?

Saturday, May 03, 2008

Updates From Home Building Project... the story and life lessons behind


One of the most memorable experience I had was the days I spent with this program. Unexpected events and experience I had within 5 days stay In Batangas for the Gawad Kalinga Home Building project. It became a usual reaction to me to look left and right and handling a bucket of cement, stones or block. That was the times when everyone form a line to bring down those things to the site.

I met new friends, see new faces, learn new things about life and become open about some realities about life. I am still bless having a decent home, good job, able to eat on the right time, good clothes, and other things I did not apreciate before.

I saw people who are still happy despite of their problem and situations in life. People who are contented to little things they have. I learned alot from this program.

It is me who learned a lot from this experience. I know I touch their lives but they touches mine most. People should learn how to appreciate the things and grace we have. Most people are not contented for what they have. Most often we are so selfish and self centered.

I tried to motivate other people. Show them what I have, what I learned about life. Smiling and enjoying every minute of my time, doing this whole heartedly. I want the people to know that I am there not just to build the house but rather I am there to build a home, a community. More than the physical strenght I can give I want them to feel that I do care, dreaming and thinking for a better life for them.

Until now I can't forget what happened to me and the things I had experience with this program. I will definitely gonna treasure it till the end. And as of this moment, I am thinking of joining the program again. Can't wait for the next announcement.

It is my privilege to help, to bless, and to give my hands and time to people who needed it. That what life is all about. We are living in this world because we are trying to make ourself happy, to make others happy, to love the people around us and most especially to love our God.

No comments: